Bronx - Stairs - Staircase - Accident Lawyers - We Know What Rules Apply
As Bronx stairs - staircase - accident lawyers, you should choose Fundaro Law because:
- We have handled stair accident cases and have settled these cases or have taken them to trial
- We will move your case and get you the most money in the shortest time.
- If you fall on stairs in the Bronx, there are numerous things one needs to prove in a stairs accident case.
- One of the first issues in a stairs accident case is which version of the NYC Building Code applies. There are three or four different versions of the Building Code going back more than a century, and depending on when a certificate of occupancy was obtained for a building, or when the last major renovation was done on a building, will determine what rules apply to the stairs in in your case.
- Were the stairs interior or exterior? Different rules apply to each.
- Did the staircase have a handrail? Was the rail on both sides? Was there a rail in the center of the stairs? Again, this is all determined by the Building Code, Multiple Dwelling Law or other arcane rules depending on the age of the property.
The step is composed of the tread and riser. The tread is the part of the stairway that is stepped on. A riser is the vertical portion between each tread on the stair. There are particular measurement standards for treads and risers that must be followed for a staircase to be considered safe. These standards are in the NYC Building Code. Again, what code applies is key.
Stair accident cases also require proof of notice that the landlord knew or should have known that the stairs were unsafe. Fundaro Law knows how to prove notice.
Stair accident cases are complex and must be handled by attorneys with experience and skills in these matters. Fundaro Law has such skills and experience. Call us now.